The TCAT Professional Development centre, based at Bridgewater High School, is the centre point for all activities relating to professional collaboration, research, training and staff development. It is a resource which is made available for all TCAT staff to use and is the home to our Initial Teacher Training Programme delivered via our teaching school dimension. Within our Education Connect offer we deliver training across all career stages from ITT to Executive leadership alongside a comprehensive offer of training to support teaching, curriculum development, pastoral work and support staff.
Two TCAT institutions have STEM Assured status and consequently Beamont Collegiate Academy plays host to two regional hubs: the NW hubs for the National Computing Centre of Excellence and for the Science Learning Partnership. These hubs provide nationally supported and accredited training for colleagues from across the whole region.
Education Connect, TCAT’s professional development offer
Education Connect is our professional development offer for all members of the trust and beyond. For the academic year this is a blended offer comprising of both online, virtual courses and those held at the TCAT Professional Development Centre.
TCAT CPD offer for teaching staff
High-quality, effective continuous professional development is at the centre of our vision for the trust. We value and invest in all of our staff to ensure we deliver on the very best outcomes for all our pupils.
The type and quality of CPD that organisations use really matters when it comes to improving teaching quality and pupil outcomes. We use the latest recommendations and research such as EEF-funded projects, toolkits, The Teacher Development Trust and impact reports to support us in delivery and implementation.
We recognise that effective CPD is:
- Supported by the school’s leadership
- Sustained over at least two terms
- Includes expert input, peer collaboration and opportunities for teachers to consider and experiment with their learning and get feedback on their work.
Our CPD offer comprises of internal training and external training, including accredited qualifications.
- ITT programme delivered via Learning@TCAT teaching academy
Early career stage
- NQT programme
- Accelerate programme (accredited Chartered College & Education Development Trust)
- In-house leadership development programme
- Access to NPQML
- Access to full suite of NPQSL, NPQH and NPQEL via Best Practice Network
- Chartered college/National College training
- National Literacy Trust training
- Governor training
Oxford University Partnership/Oxnet@TCAT
- Bespoke programme of CPD, research and residential opportunities to available to teachers from across the trust to support a diverse range of pedagogy, policy and practice
- Hub CPD
- Science Learning Partnership offer including Science, DT & Computer Science hubs
Professional Networks: TCAT Hubs
Devolved leadership via a network of hubs
A broad range of hubs have been established to lead on specific educational/business strands across TCAT, linking into the main strategic objectives. Each hub is focused upon sharing good practice and expertise across the trust and, where appropriate, looking to harmonise practice where this will maximise impact.
Each hub is led by a designated senior practitioner and all academies are required to send representation.
Each hub has a clear remit and works to a set of objectives and an action plan. Hub groups meet half termly and leads provide half termly updates to members of the Central Executive Team. TCAT Communication and Reporting Strategy gives further information around the direct reporting models in place. The overall aim is to create strength through interdependent practice.